- These terms and conditions relate to the Quiz factor website located at www.quizfactor.com (“Website”). The Website is managed by Quizfactor Limited (“Quiz Factor”) or (“the Company”).
- By registering and playing on this Website you agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- This Website is restricted to individuals who are eighteen years of age and older. You cannot play under any circumstances if you are not at least eighteen years of age. The Company reserves the right to request proof of your age at any time and may cancel your account if such proof is not provided.
- Participation in the quizzes and quizzes on this Website (the “Quizzes”) is open only to residents of the United Kingdom (unless the Company determines otherwise) and the Company reserves the right at any time to close accounts registered from outside the UK.
- Employees of the Company and their respective group companies, subsidiaries, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to participate in the Quizzes.
- You are only permitted to use the Website for your own personal entertainment and non-professional use. Any other entrance, access, use or reuse of the Website is strictly prohibited.
- Only one account per person is permitted for which you must register using your own actual name. All payments into your account must be from a registered payment source(s) (e.g. a debit or credit card) on which you are the named account holder. No interest is payable on the balance in your account. Please note that administration charges may apply for periods of inactivity (see below).
- The Company reserves the right to withhold payment to any player pending verification of the player’s identity. All details which you provide to the Company either during the registration process or at any time thereafter must be true. We reserve the right to run checks with third party agencies using the information you provide us on registration.
- We make every effort to ensure that errors or mistakes do not occur in any Quiz. We reserve the right to void winnings or cash payments resulting from wins resulting from any obvious error or mistake or any technical fault (including, but not limited to, incorrect quiz payouts) with any of the Quizzes offered. You will forfeit any winnings/losses that result from such errors or mistakes or technical faults.
- We reserve the right to transfer, assign, sublicense or pledge these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, to any person (but without your consent) without notice, provided that any such assignment will be on the same terms or terms that are no less advantageous to you. You may not assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer in any manner whatsoever any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
The Company reserves the right to cancel your account for any reason whatsoever at any time without notice to you. Any balance in your account at the time of such cancellation will be credited to your credit card and/or sent to you by cheque. However, the Company reserves the right, in its discretion, to void any winnings and confiscate any balance in your account in any of the following circumstances:
Your account may be cancelled
- If you have more than one active account for the Website;
- If the name on your account does not match the name on the credit card(s) used to make purchases on your account;
- If you participate in a promotion and withdraw cash before fulfilling the requirements of that particular promotion;
- If you provide incorrect or misleading registration information;
- If you are not eighteen years of age or older;
- If you are not a resident of the UK;
- If you have allowed or permitted (intentionally or unintentionally) someone else to use your account;
- If you are found cheating or if it is determined by the Company that you have employed or made use of a system (including machines, computers, software or other automated systems) designed specifically to defeat the Website;
- If the Company believes that you are using the Website for any unlawful or fraudulent activity (including money laundering) in any jurisdiction that applies to you, the Company or if the Company believes that you are in breach of the Terms and Conditions;
- By accepting any prize and/or winnings from the Company, you consent to the use of your name by the Company for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation except where prohibited by law;
- If you have any dispute with regard to any outcome in a Quiz, you must submit your complaint to the Company in writing within fourteen (14) days. The Company’s contact details are available here. In the event of a discrepancy between the result showing on your software and the Company’s server software, the result showing on the Company’s server software shall be the official and governing result of the Quiz
- You are solely responsible for any applicable taxes on any prizes and/or winnings that you collect from the Company
- The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice to you, to add new activities or games to the Website or to discontinue any activity or quiz at any time.
- If you do not log onto your account for a period of 90 days (such period starting on the date of your last login to that account) any balance in your account at that time may be subject to a monthly administration fee of 20% of such balance. This fee will be deducted from your account monthly then and every 30 days thereafter during which your account remains inactive until the balance of your account has reached zero. If you login to your account before the balance is zero, the administration fee will no longer be payable but the Company shall not be required to return to you previous administration fees deducted from your account.
- You are solely responsible for keeping your username and password secure and secret. You shall not allow any other person or third party including, without limitation, any minor, to use or reuse your account, access and/or use any materials or information from the Website, accept any prize, or participate in the Quizzes. You are solely responsible for any purchases and/or losses that may occur on your account.
- The Company shall not be required to maintain usernames or passwords if the Player misplaces, forgets, loses, or is otherwise unable to enter the Website because of anything other than the Company’s error.
- The Company shall not be liable for computer or Internet malfunctions nor attempts by the Player to participate in the Quizzes by methods, means or ways not intended by the Company.
- If you are found to be cheating or attempting to defraud the Website, or if you make untrue and/or malicious comments with regard to the operations of the Company, the Company reserves the right to publicize your actions together with your identity and e-mail address, as well as to circulate this information to other gaming companies, banks, credit card companies, and appropriate agencies.
- All intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all trade mark rights and copyright) in the brands used on the Website, including without limitation “Quiz Factor”, vest in the Company.
- Materials of the Quizzes (whether electronically obtained or obtained by other means) are automatically void if counterfeited, mutilated, forged, altered or tampered with in any way, if illegible, mechanically or electronically reproduced, obtained outside authorised legitimate channels or if they contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical, electronic or any other errors. Liability for materials of the Quizzes containing any error is limited to replacement of same.
- Any and all materials submitted for prize claims become the property of the Company and will not be returned. The Company is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, or postage due mail, requests, prize claims or entries.
- We recommend that customers print out these Terms and Conditions, all transaction data, rules of the Quizzes and payment methods and keep them in an easily accessible place.
- The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, or to implement or amend any procedures, at any time. We will notify you of such amendments by publishing the updated Terms and Conditions on the Website, which will take effect immediately after such publication. By continuing to participate in the Quizzes after this notification you will be accepting the changes to the Terms and Conditions. Procedural changes will only be in response to the interests and security of the Website or the players.
- The Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales (or the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there).
- Please note that additional terms and conditions, including (without limitation), the Promotional Terms and Conditions, will apply for bonuses (including free Quizzes or credit), loyalty schemes, certain prizes and other promotional offers in relation to the Website and you should review these specific terms and conditions when applicable.
Quizzes Terms and Conditions
- A new quiz is played every 1 to 2 seconds.
- These terms and conditions relate to your participation in the free quizzes and quizzes promoted on the quizfactor.com website.
- Whilst we describe the free quizzes promoted on the website as “free”, we do require you to register with quizfactor.com to use certain of the features of the website
- You are also responsible for the associated cost of using the internet when participating in the free quizzes and quizzes.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this promotion at any time.
- These terms and conditions are subject to and additional to the [link to Terms And Conditions]
If you feel that a Quiz has played out unfairly for example the answer you chose to a question was correct, but was marked as incorrect, then you must contact our Customer Support team with the Quiz ID.
- All promotions, bonuses or special offers are subject to promotion-specific terms and conditions. We reserve the right to withdraw any promotion, bonus or special offer at any time.
- In the event that the Company believes a user of the Service is abusing or attempting to abuse a bonus or other promotion, or is likely to benefit through abuse or lack of good faith from a gambling policy adopted by the Company, then the Company may, at its sole discretion, deny, withhold or withdraw from any user any bonus or promotion, or rescind any policy with respect to that user, either temporarily or permanently, or terminate that user’s access to the Services and/or block that user’s account.
- All users of the Services shall be entitled only to one welcome bonus. Members who make their first deposit with the Company or any of its white label partners, and who have or previously had an account with any of the Sites owned or operated by the Company, including both In-House Brands and White Label Brands, shall not be entitled to an additional welcome bonus, unless the Company decides otherwise at its absolute discretion.
- In the event that the Company deems in its sole discretion that you have been taking unfair advantage of the Company’s welcome bonuses or have executed any other act in bad faith in relation to a bonus promotion offered on any of the Sites owned and/or operated by the Company, the Company shall have the right to block or terminate your accounts with the Company and in such circumstances, the Company shall be under no obligation to refund to you any funds that may be in your accounts other than your original deposit amounts.
Terms and Conditions relating to Chat
A “chat facility” is available on the Website which allows you to communicate with other users who are participating in the Quizzes.
The Company reserves the right to monitor the chat facility and keep a record of all statements made by any user on such facility.
Your use of the chat facility is subject to the following:
(a) You shall not make any statements that are racist, obscene, vulgar, indecent, sexually explicit, offensive, abusive, threatening, defamatory or insulting.
(b) You shall not make any statements that breach the rights of others (including copyright and other intellectual property rights).
(c) You shall not make statements about the Company that are untrue, malicious and/or damaging to the Company.
(d) You shall not submit your personal data via the chat facility or use any personal data submitted by other users of the Website via the chat facility.
(e) You shall not “spam” the chat facility with multiple postings or commercial solicitations for other products or services.
(f) You shall comply with the Chat Room Guidelines.
The Company shall have the right to immediately remove any content posted on the chat facility which the Company, in its sole discretion, to be in breach of paragraphs (a) to (e) above.
Furthermore, if you breach any of paragraphs (a) to (e) above then the Company shall be entitled to immediately ban you from any future use of the chat facility or terminate your account and refund you any monies in such account. You agree that you will compensate the Company for any loss or damage caused by your breach of any of paragraphs (a) to (e) above.
The Company is not responsible for any uses of the personal data that you choose to submit via the chat facility in breach of paragraph (d) above or any other problems arising from the content which you submit via the chat facility.
Chat Room Guidelines
- Your use of the chat facility on www.quizfactor.com is subject to the link to Terms And Conditions
- Please respect the Chat Moderators (“Moderators”) they are there to make your visit an enjoyable one.
- Moderators will not take sides when players argue. They will offer help if needed, but all Moderators are asked to remain neutral.
- When the chat room is busy, please have patience with the Moderators as they cannot answer all questions at once.
- If someone is having a lucky day and you’re not doing so well, don’t give them a hard time. We all have lucky days as well as bad ones.
- When in the chat room please refrain from using bad language, making racial remarks, chatting up or making sexual remarks to other players.
- When a new player comes in to chat, try to make them feel welcome. Don’t give them a hard time for asking questions. We’ve all been new once.
- The Moderators will remove anyone from chat who does not respect other participants.
- Keep your personal information private. Players who post their email addresses, telephone numbers, bank information or address in a chat room will be removed from chat without discussion.
- If you are not in agreement with someone, just agree to disagree and move on.
- Sometimes we say things we don’t mean or it comes out wrong. Just think about how your comments will be received. Will it sound rude? Will it cause offence?
- Please do not use profanity or expressions of obscenity, sexism, racism, and other types of prejudice. Use of such terms will result in you being banned without any discussion or warning.
- Don’t “spam” the rooms with multiple postings, commercial solicitations or links to other sites. This will result in an immediate ban.
- You are responsible for your discussions and the information you provide to other players. The Company will not be held responsible for problems arising from your correspondences and dealings in the rooms.
- You may be required to change your name if it is offensive, rude or unsuitable.