These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 14/04/2011.
The Company reserves the right to cancel your account for any reason whatsoever at any time without notice to you. Any balance in your account at the time of such cancellation will be credited to your credit card and/or sent to you by cheque. However, the Company reserves the right, in its discretion, to void any winnings and confiscate any balance in your account in any of the following circumstances:
Your account may be cancelled
- If you have more than one active account for the Website;
- If the name on your account does not match the name on the credit card(s) used to make purchases on your account;
- If you participate in a promotion and withdraw cash before fulfilling the requirements of that particular promotion;
- If you provide incorrect or misleading registration information;
- If you are not eighteen years of age or older;
- If you are not a resident of the UK;
- If you have allowed or permitted (intentionally or unintentionally) someone else to use your account;
- If you are found cheating or if it is determined by the Company that you have employed or made use of a system (including machines, computers, software or other automated systems) designed specifically to defeat the Website;
- If the Company believes that you are using the Website for any unlawful or fraudulent activity (including money laundering) in any jurisdiction that applies to you, the Company or if the Company believes that you are in breach of the Terms and Conditions;
- By accepting any prize and/or winnings from the Company, you consent to the use of your name by the Company for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation except where prohibited by law;
- If you have any dispute with regard to any outcome in a Quiz, you must submit your complaint to the Company in writing within fourteen (14) days. The Company's contact details are available here. In the event of a discrepancy between the result showing on your software and the Company's server software, the result showing on the Company's server software shall be the official and governing result of the Quiz
- You are solely responsible for any applicable taxes on any prizes and/or winnings that you collect from the Company
- The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice to you, to add new activities or games to the Website or to discontinue any activity or quiz at any time.
- If you do not log onto your account for a period of 90 days (such period starting on the date of your last login to that account) any balance in your account at that time may be subject to a monthly administration fee of 20% of such balance. This fee will be deducted from your account monthly then and every 30 days thereafter during which your account remains inactive until the balance of your account has reached zero. If you login to your account before the balance is zero, the administration fee will no longer be payable but the Company shall not be required to return to you previous administration fees deducted from your account.
- You are solely responsible for keeping your username and password secure and secret. You shall not allow any other person or third party including, without limitation, any minor, to use or reuse your account, access and/or use any materials or information from the Website, accept any prize, or participate in the Quizzes. You are solely responsible for any purchases and/or losses that may occur on your account.
- The Company shall not be required to maintain usernames or passwords if the Player misplaces, forgets, loses, or is otherwise unable to enter the Website because of anything other than the Company's error.
- The Company shall not be liable for computer or Internet malfunctions nor attempts by the Player to participate in the Quizzes by methods, means or ways not intended by the Company.
- If you are found to be cheating or attempting to defraud the Website, or if you make untrue and/or malicious comments with regard to the operations of the Company, the Company reserves the right to publicize your actions together with your identity and e-mail address, as well as to circulate this information to other gaming companies, banks, credit card companies, and appropriate agencies.
- All intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all trade mark rights and copyright) in the brands used on the Website, including without limitation "Quiz Factor", vest in the Company.
- Materials of the Quizzes (whether electronically obtained or obtained by other means) are automatically void if counterfeited, mutilated, forged, altered or tampered with in any way, if illegible, mechanically or electronically reproduced, obtained outside authorised legitimate channels or if they contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical, electronic or any other errors. Liability for materials of the Quizzes containing any error is limited to replacement of same.
- Any and all materials submitted for prize claims become the property of the Company and will not be returned. The Company is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, or postage due mail, requests, prize claims or entries.
- We recommend that customers print out these Terms and Conditions, all transaction data, rules of the Quizzes and payment methods and keep them in an easily accessible place.
- The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, or to implement or amend any procedures, at any time. We will notify you of such amendments by publishing the updated Terms and Conditions on the Website, which will take effect immediately after such publication. By continuing to participate in the Quizzes after this notification you will be accepting the changes to the Terms and Conditions. Procedural changes will only be in response to the interests and security of the Website or the players.
- The Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales (or the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there).
- Please note that additional terms and conditions, including (without limitation), the Promotional Terms and Conditions, will apply for bonuses (including free Quizzes or credit), loyalty schemes, certain prizes and other promotional offers in relation to the Website and you should review these specific terms and conditions when applicable.
If you feel that a Quiz has played out unfairly for example the answer you chose to a question was correct, but was marked as incorrect, then you must contact our Customer Support team with the Quiz ID.
Terms and Conditions relating to Chat
A "chat facility" is available on the Website which allows you to communicate with other users who are participating in the Quizzes.
The Company reserves the right to monitor the chat facility and keep a record of all statements made by any user on such facility.
Your use of the chat facility is subject to the following:
(a) You shall not make any statements that are racist, obscene, vulgar, indecent, sexually explicit, offensive, abusive, threatening, defamatory or insulting.
(b) You shall not make any statements that breach the rights of others (including copyright and other intellectual property rights).
(c) You shall not make statements about the Company that are untrue, malicious and/or damaging to the Company.
(d) You shall not submit your personal data via the chat facility or use any personal data submitted by other users of the Website via the chat facility.
(e) You shall not "spam" the chat facility with multiple postings or commercial solicitations for other products or services.
(f) You shall comply with the Chat Room Guidelines.
The Company shall have the right to immediately remove any content posted on the chat facility which the Company, in its sole discretion, to be in breach of paragraphs (a) to (e) above.
Furthermore, if you breach any of paragraphs (a) to (e) above then the Company shall be entitled to immediately ban you from any future use of the chat facility or terminate your account and refund you any monies in such account. You agree that you will compensate the Company for any loss or damage caused by your breach of any of paragraphs (a) to (e) above.
The Company is not responsible for any uses of the personal data that you choose to submit via the chat facility in breach of paragraph (d) above or any other problems arising from the content which you submit via the chat facility.